We have a vacancy for a civil/structural technician to work on the design and inspection of new building, building refurbishment and building conservation projects. Our current new build projects include multi-storey residential, single-family, industrial and public buildings as well as infrastructure for housing development. Current conservation projects include the stabilisation of ruined medieval churches and the adaptation, repair and re-use of former industrial buildings and country houses.
You will be part of our team of engineers and technicians working on a mixture of large and small projects, mostly office based but with regular travel to sites. This will necessitate occasional early starts and / or late finishes. Typically you will follow a project from beginning to end and will be given as much responsibility as you can handle.
Your responsibilities will include:
- sketching / outline drawing to communicate design intent – within the team and to clients and contractors
- topographical and measured surveys of existing buildings and structures (this will include climbing ladders, entering roof spaces and working at height on MEWPs)
- preparation of general arrangement and detail drawings, concrete reinforcement and structural steel details and schedules
- assisting in the preparation of specifications, letters, progress and technical reports (including to demonstrate building regulations compliance);
- the preparation of tender documentation for works projects;
- dealing with contractors’ queries;
- visiting sites – climbing scaffolding, inspecting and recording works in progress and reporting on same;
- Level 7 qualification in civil/structural engineering;
- Experience and knowledge of AutoCAD
- Knowledge of the current Building Regulations and relevant health and safety legislation;
- Full, clean driving licence;
- Fluent English, with a high level of written, oral and graphic communication skills
- Experience and knowledge of REVIT and / or SketchUp
- Experience of steel and reinforced concrete detailing
- Member of Engineers Ireland and / or Institution of Structural Engineers, Institution of Civil Engineers
- Experience and / or an interest in building conservation
If you do not hold a registered professional title, you will be expected to actively pursue the registered title (engineering technician) at the earliest opportunity.
This is a full time position based in our Youghal office, but we would consider alternative arrangements or part-time working for the right candidate.
To apply, please e-mail your CV to email@example.com Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 12th of May, 2017