We have a vacancy for a structural engineer to work on the design and inspection of new building, building refurbishment and building conservation projects. Our current new build projects include multi-storey residential, single-family, industrial and public buildings as well as infrastructure for housing development. Current conservation projects include the stabilisation of ruined medieval churches and the adaptation, repair and re-use of former industrial buildings and country houses.
You will be part of our team of engineers and technicians working on a mixture of large and small projects, mostly office based but with regular travel to sites. This will necessitate occasional early starts and / or late finishes. Typically you will follow a project from beginning to end and will be given as much responsibility as you can handle.
Your responsibilities will include:
- design of outline structural schemes and evaluation of structural options;
- sketching / outline drawing to communicate design intent – within the team and to clients and contractors
- measured surveys and condition inspections of existing buildings and structures (this will include climbing ladders, entering roof spaces and working at height on MEWPs)
- detailed structural design to Eurocodes, designer’s risk assessments and calculations using hand and software methods of analysis and design;
- preparation of specifications, letters, progress and technical reports (including to demonstrate building regulations compliance);
- the preparation, and overseeing the preparation of, tender documentation for works projects;
- dealing with contractors’ queries;
- visiting sites – climbing scaffolding, inspecting and recording works in progress and reporting on same;
- Level 8 qualification in civil/structural engineering;
- Experience and knowledge of Eurocode design, the current Building Regulations; and relevant health and safety legislation;
- Full, clean driving licence;
- Fluent English, with a high level of written, oral and graphic communication skill
- Level 9 qualification in civil/structural engineering
- Member of Engineers Ireland and / or Institution of Structural Engineers, Institution of Civil Engineers
- Experience and / or an interest in building conservation
If you do not hold a registered professional title, you will be expected to actively pursue the appropriate registered title (associate engineer or chartered engineer) at the earliest opportunity.
This is a full time position based in our Youghal office, but we would consider alternative arrangements or part-time working for the right candidate.
To apply, please e-mail your CV to email@example.com Deadline for the receipt of applications is Friday the 12th of May, 2017